CFRC FIREFIGHTER I & II
The Flexible Training Option
The Blended Firefighter I and II Program allows firefighting students to take the theory portion of their firefighter training online instead of in class. In addition to completing the theoretical learning at your own pace, you can now complete the firefighter training online at your own place as well. Students wishing to become firefighters are given one year to complete their Fire Training Online. The practical firefighting training component is also available in a condensed 7 day per week 23-28 day period that is split into a pair of two week parts, or over the course of several weekends.
2 Part Program
CFRC Firefighter I&II - Online
- Provides you with the basic theoretical knowledge of firefighting
- Meets the theory learning requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 and 1072 standards
- You can register and begin the firefighter training program at any time, no registration deadlines or set class dates
- No due dates! You can complete the firefighter training program at your own pace
- Interactive visual and audio learning aids developed in partnership with Action Training Systems Inc.
- You must purchase the required firefighter training textbook for this program. Textbooks are available in print or electronic versions.
CFRC Firefighter I&II - Practical Component
- Must successfully complete the CFRC Firefighter I&II - Online firefighter program before attending
- There are admission requirements to this program. Completion of an application package and acceptance into the program is required.
- Involves in-person demonstration and instruction of firefighting skills
- Firefighter training runs over the course of a pair of two week periods, with a two week break between each period.
- Fight real fire inside buildings, vehicles, and outdoors. Perform vehicle extrication, Hazardous Materials Response... and more!
- Apply your firefighting skills to actual 911 calls! Yes, the CFRC encourages students to respond to emergencies with the local Fire Department. Firefighting students are under the supervision of instructors, but are expected to perform the full duties of a firefighter while on calls.
- Stay at the fire station. Accommodations are included with tuition. You will be staying at one of two fire stations.
- Receive Pro-Board testing. If successful, you will receive Pro-Board certifications for NFPA 1001 levels I&II, and NFPA 1072 Awareness and Operations levels.
Be sure to complete the firefighter training program application package in order to apply for the in-person component of the firefighter training program. Click the button below to take a look at the application.
Register and begin your online training at any time!
Four NFPA Levels Covered
This firefighter education program provides students with the knowledge needed to become professional firefighters. The firefighter training course features interactive learning material that helps students understand content better and top notch fire service instructors who help firefighting students learn the best way to fight fire. Experienced Fire Service Instructors are available through the Moodle learning platform to assist students regularly during the online portion of their firefighter training as well. There are four National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) levels covered in this two part firefighter training course including firefighter 1 and 2 certification online, they are:
- NFPA 1001 Level I - Basic Professional Firefighter Qualification
- NFPA 1001 Level II - Advanced Professional Firefighter Qualification
- NFPA 1072 Awareness - Awareness Level Hazardous Materials Response
- NFPA 1072 Operations - Operations Level Hazardous Materials Response
Pro Board Accredited
In order to receive the opportunity to be tested by the Pro Board®, firefighting students must complete the practical component of their Firefighter Training on site in addition to the successful completion of the Fire Training Online portion of the firefighter training program.
For further information regarding the Pro Board®, visit www.theproboard.org
Online learning tutorial
Take a look at our learning tutorial here and see what its like taking online courses.
7 STEPS to Success
RESEARCH YOUR CAREER
Do some research into what firefighting job you want, and what the Firefighter Training requirements are. Ensure that the firefighter education you choose is what you need.
RESEARCH TRAINING OPTIONS
The Canadian Fire Rescue College offers several Firefighter Training education options for you to choose from. Pick a firefighter training program that will meet your future job requirements, and your current lifestyle.
REVIEW THE TRAINING CALENDAR
Make sure that the firefighter training course you are interested in is running on dates that work for you. Be aware of registration deadlines and locations as well.
CLICK THE REGISTER BUTTON
Once you have picked the firefighter training course that will work best for you. Click the register button. Fire Training Online programs do not require the completion of an application package or the payment of a registration fee.
COMPLETE COURSE PAYMENT
Once you have clicked the register button, you will be taken to the products page. Select the Firefighter Training course you would like to register and pay for it. If you need financial assistance, visit our financial options page.
COMPLETE ONLINE TRAINING
Once you have paid for your Firefighter Training course, you will receive a login instructions document via email. Login to your firefighting training course, and get to learning! You have one year to complete the firefighter 1 and 2 certification online portion of the program, and the certification is valid for two years. You will need this certification in order to register for a practical firefighting training session.
REGISTER FOR PRACTICAL COMPONENT
No Firefighter Training is really complete until you kick in some doors and save some babies. Register for a practical firefighter training session to complete your training. Internationally accredited Pro Board testing occurs at the end of the practical firefighter training.