NFPA 1001 and 1072 Firefighter Training
CFRC FIREFIGHTER I & II
The Flexible Training Option
The Blended Firefighter I and II Program allows firefighting students to take the theory portion of their firefighter training online instead of in class. In addition to completing the theoretical learning at your own pace, you can now complete the firefighter training online at your own place as well. Students wishing to become firefighters are given one year to complete their Fire Training Online. The practical firefighting training component is now offered in a 5 day per week format which includes practicum station placements, on a condensed schedule of 7 days per week split into two periods, or on weekends only for students who are looking for a more flexible option. The practical component typically runs over the course of 12 weeks for the 5 day per week and weekend schedules, and 6 weeks for the condensed schedule.
The practical component dates have recently changed to accomodate a new course delivery format, be sure to visit the Course Calendar to see when practical components will be taking place.
Job Offers to Top Students
We have recently partnered with Unlimited Safety Services who has pledged to offer at least one paid firefighter position to the top student of each graduating class.
2 Part Program
CFRC Firefighter I&II - Online
- Provides you with the basic theoretical knowledge of firefighting
- Meets the theory learning requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 and 1072 standards
- You can register and begin the firefighter training program at any time, no registration deadlines or set class dates
- No due dates! You can complete the firefighter training program at your own pace
- Interactive visual and audio learning aids developed in partnership with Action Training Systems Inc.
- You must purchase the required firefighter training textbook for this program. Textbooks are available in print or electronic versions.
- Try out our sample course in the student portal to make sure this training works for you.
CFRC Firefighter I&II - Practical Component
- Must successfully complete the CFRC Firefighter I&II - Online firefighter program before attending
- There are admission requirements to this program. Completion of an application package and acceptance into the program is required.
- Involves in-person demonstration and instruction of firefighting skills
- During the full-time 5 day per week schedule, formal skills training takes place on weekends, with three 24 hour practicum placement shifts throughout the week. Students receive two days off per week to study and refresh.
- During the condensed schedule, training takes place 7 days per week with a two week break in between two periods of roughly two weeks each.
- Fight real fire inside buildings, vehicles, and outdoors. Perform vehicle extrication, Hazardous Materials Response... and more!
- Apply your firefighting skills to actual 911 calls! Yes, the CFRC encourages students to respond to emergencies with the local Fire Department. Firefighting students are under the supervision of instructors, but are expected to perform the full duties of a firefighter while on calls.
- Stay at the fire station. Accommodations are included with tuition. You will be staying at one of two fire stations.
- Receive Pro-Board testing. If successful, you will receive Pro-Board certifications for NFPA 1001 levels I&II, and NFPA 1072 Awareness and Operations levels.
Firefighter I and II Training Program course syllabus
Make sure you download and review the course syllabus which will tell you the requirements, prerequisites, pricing, and much more!
In order to apply, and gain access to the tuition payment page, you must submit an application package.
Register and begin your online training at any time!
Four NFPA Levels Covered
This firefighter education program provides students with the knowledge needed to become professional firefighters. The firefighter training course features interactive learning material that helps students understand content better and top notch fire service instructors who help firefighting students learn the best way to fight fire. Experienced Fire Service Instructors are available through the Moodle learning platform to assist students regularly during the online portion of their firefighter training as well. There are four National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) levels covered in this two part firefighter training course including firefighter 1 and 2 certification online, they are:
- NFPA 1001 Level I - Basic Professional Firefighter Qualification
- NFPA 1001 Level II - Advanced Professional Firefighter Qualification
- NFPA 1072 Awareness - Awareness Level Hazardous Materials Response
- NFPA 1072 Operations - Operations Level Hazardous Materials Response
Pro Board Accredited
In order to receive the opportunity to be tested by the Pro Board®, firefighting students must complete the practical component of their Firefighter Training on site in addition to the successful completion of the Fire Training Online portion of the firefighter training program.
For further information regarding the Pro Board®, visit www.theproboard.org
Online learning tutorial
Take a look at our learning tutorial here and see what its like taking online courses, or try out our demo course which is available in our STUDENT PORTAL
Feel free to create an account for free, and try out our online training first hand before you pay for it.
7 STEPS to Success
RESEARCH YOUR CAREER
Do some research into what firefighting job you want, and what the Firefighter Training requirements are. Ensure that the firefighter education you choose is what you need.
RESEARCH TRAINING OPTIONS
The Canadian Fire Rescue College offers several Firefighter Training education options for you to choose from. Pick a firefighter training program that will meet your future job requirements, and your current lifestyle.
REVIEW THE TRAINING CALENDAR
Make sure that the firefighter training course you are interested in is running on dates that work for you. Be aware of registration deadlines and locations as well.
Complete the application package, and get accepted into the program. You will receive an approved copy of the package, which will have an access code to the tuition payment page on the cover.
As soon as payment for the online component of the program has been received, you will receive an email with course login information. Complete the online course before the start date of your chosen practical component. Be sure to review the course calendar to ensure you don't miss out on any class dates or deadlines.
PAY TUITION AND PURCHASE SUPPLIES
Once you have received the access code for the tuition payment page, simply click the link, and input the code. You will need to make sure you pay all necessary tuition for both the Online and Practical components by the enrollment deadline. If you need financial assistance, click the button below.